There are a lot of concern about the current virus and traveling. I'm getting updates from the department of tourism in Israel as well as working with United about any issues with the airlines and airports.
As of today there are no delays or issues with our trip.
Here is the latest update from the Ministry of Health.
February 24, 2020 1100-0005-2020-669228
FEBRUARY 24 2020
The following are the directives of the Israel Ministry of Health for addressing the Corona disease (COVID-19) as they apply to tourists and visitors from abroad in Israel. These directives do not apply to Israeli citizens.
1. Foreign visitors are not allowed entrance to Israel from the following countries: a. China, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea.
2. Tourists who have visited China, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea already present in Israel must undergo a period of 14 day quarantine, beginning the last day of their visit to one of the above mentioned locations. It is imperative that they avoid public places.
3. Apart from China, the quarantine requirement does not apply to travelers who only had a connecting flight from these locations.
4. As of today, directives 1-3 will apply also to visitors from Japan.
The entrance of visitors from Japan to Israel has been restricted.
Tourists in Israel from Japan can continue their scheduled tour program.
5. Up to now, other countries such as Italy and Australia are not restricted in any form. Should there be a change of directives, we will update.
Senior Deputy Director